Charles Verrier has worked with IT systems for the accounting profession since back when the Internet was all fields.
For many years, Charles was Product Manager for ‘Singleview’ – the Document Management system marketed by Solution 6/MYOB. He also spent several years on the other side of the fence – as part of the IT team in a UK Top 20 Accountancy Practice.
He now works freelance after many years working for assorted suppliers to the profession. Charles is not an accountant, but he does hang around with them a lot.
Typical projects include:
- Requirements evaluation and product selection advice
- Project Management for Paperless Office implementations and migrations
- Software Configuration and installation
- Staff Training, including course development and documentation
- Industry Advice
- Process & Workflow design and change management
- ‘Hands-on’ troubleshooting and problem solving
Charles has worked with hundreds of practices of all sizes from sole traders to national firms, and across the UK and Ireland. He has presented at many seminars and conferences, including for MRI Group, JHI International, Mercia, UK200, and an AccountingWeb breakfast seminar on ‘Paperless Office’. Charles was on the judging panel for the Paperless Office category of the 2010 Software Satisfaction Awards.
Charles is married and computers in his house outnumber daughters by a considerable margin (although the daughters are proving more expensive). The house is fully CAT5 cabled and has 4TB of storage; his wife has infinite patience.